Saflec Systems has attained 'Essential Services' status under the COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa. We are concerned about the health of our nation with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and will be complying fully with the regulations regarding sanitisation and mask wearing.
We will also be limiting the amount of staff that are in the office at any point, so please contact us before you need to visit if there is a specific person you'd like to see so that we can ensure that the relevant person is present. We will be striving to keep the same level of support that you've come to expect from us!
For more information on the virus in South Africa please refer to the National COVID-19 resource portal.
Nkosi sikelel iAfrika - God bless Africa!
Your Complete Management, Access Control and Identification Solution Provider
Saflec Systems leads the way in providing innovative access security control solutions. Over the years we’ve expanded our range to include hardware and software solutions, access card readers, controllers, and most recently, a wide range of ID card printers and consumables.
By partnering with third-party solution providers such as HID, Virdi, Suprema and Ideco, we are able to provide you with a flexible, cost-effective security and identification solution. Some of our most popular services and products include:
- Our custom developed Saflec Access Control System (SACS).
- A range of cost-effective, high quality HID Fargo, Datacard and Magicard PVC ID card printers.
- A selection of custom pre-printed cards including Loyalty, Membership, Corporate, Employee and Gift cards.
- A variety of practical access control card holders, clips, lanyards, access cards and much more.
- We supply the robust and reliable Virdi and Morpho biometric readers.
Need more information? Contact us today and one of our friendly and knowledgeable sales representatives will answer all your questions.
In these uncertain times with diseases on the rise, people are worried about using biometric devices that require touching. It is not yet clear if this is a trend that will continue after the government COVID-19 lockdown. If so, then businesses will have to make changes to their processes and equipment to decrease the risks.
We have put work into various contactless solutions which you might want to implement:
- The MorphoWave from Idemia scanner. This is a great solution because you still have the security of biometrics without the touch. It is also already 100% integrated into our SACS software.
- We have integrated our SACS software with the following facial recognition scanners:
- We have done the preliminary work on integration with the EF45 Iris scanner.
- We are interested in other proven units to integrate with.
- Revert to proximity card readers, requiring biometrics only on Time and Attendance locations. If you have our software and biometrics readers that support card + fingerprint we can assist you to convert them to card only over this period as an interim measure.
- Some fingerprint readers can work with UV sanitising, like the Steri-C unit.
- If there is no budget for major changes it might be that the only real solution would be a cleaning station for use before and after using the biometric device. If this is the option that your business opts for, then please ensure that you use a disinfectant that is SANS 53727/53624/51276/51650 standards compliant. Ideco sells a disinfectant that meets these standards.
Contact us today if you have any questions or comments about any of these solutions or perhaps you have some more to add?
Latest Articles by Saflec Systems
News and updates from the leaders in Access Security Control