With 15 years of experience in developing access control solutions, Saflec Systems never stops innovating. If you want proof, you don’t need to look much further than our SDC-650 door controller. The SDC-650 replaces the SDC-550 and brings with it a host of new features and functionalities.
The SDC-650 can control up to eight doors and you can link up to 16 SDC door controllers using a protected RS-485 network. Your PC can connect to it using RS-232, the built-in Ethernet connector or through the RS-485 network via another controller.
Some of the SDC-650’s most noticeable features include:
- On-board TCP/IP and RS-232 connectivity.
- Micro SD for increased capacities, allowing you to store 1 000 000 tags, 250 000 tags holders, more than 6 million access logs and 3 million system logs, and 256 powerful offline event/action combinations.
- Dedicated Fire and Tamper inputs.
- OLED control module for easy setup and local diagnostics.
- OSDP secure channel compatibility.
An innovative, solid and powerful door controller
Of particular interest to installers is the configuration panel. With its OLED screen, and five control buttons, you can easily change pages or move to another field when configuring the controller. It also has a screen-saving mode; tapping any button will bring the screen to life and allow you to configure the device.
Communication with other controllers takes place via a robust, multi-drop RS-485 communications network. Each controller on the network must be assigned a unique address for identification and communications, but this is easily programmed thanks to the aforementioned OLED control module.
The unit comes with a 12Vdc 5A power supply and a battery backup of 7Ah, all mounted in a lockable case, making this a sturdy but flexible piece of hardware.