Saflec Systems is concerned about the health of our nation with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and will be complying fully with the nationwide lockdown announced by our president on the evening of the 23rd March 2020.
Our offices will therefore be closed from 27th March 2020 until the end of the lockdown. We will be able to provide limited sales assistance via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our normal office number (+27 11 477 4760).
For support please use email@example.com or contact our support personnel directly on their cell phones.
For more information on the virus in South Africa please refer to the National COVID-19 resource portal.
Nkosi sikelel iAfrika - God bless Africa!
Your Complete Management, Access Control and Identification Solution Provider
Saflec Systems leads the way in providing innovative access security control solutions. Over the years we’ve expanded our range to include hardware and software solutions, access card readers, controllers, and most recently, a wide range of ID card printers and consumables.
By partnering with third-party solution providers such as HID, Virdi, Suprema and Ideco, we are able to provide you with a flexible, cost-effective security and identification solution. Some of our most popular services and products include:
- Our custom developed Saflec Access Control System (SACS).
- A range of cost-effective, high quality HID Fargo, Datacard and Magicard PVC ID card printers.
- A selection of custom pre-printed cards including Loyalty, Membership, Corporate, Employee and Gift cards.
- A variety of practical access control card holders, clips, lanyards, access cards and much more.
- We supply the robust and reliable Virdi and Morpho biometric readers.
Need more information? Contact us today and one of our friendly and knowledgeable sales representatives will answer all your questions.
In these uncertain times with diseases on the rise, people are worried about using biometric devices that require touching. If this is a trend that will continue after the government lockdown (26th March - 16th April), then businesses will have to make changes to their processes and equipment to decrease the risks.
Possible contactless solutions could be:
- The MorphoWave from Idemia scanner. This is a great solution because you still have the security of biometrics without the touch. It is also already 100% integrated into our SACS software.
- Implement facial recognition scanners. We have already integrated our SACS software with the AC-7000 Virdi face reader and are interested in other proven units to integrate with.
- Iris scanners. Are there proven solutions that you'd like us to integrate with?
- PalmVein readers. We're also interested in proven solutions in this area.
- Revert to proximity card readers, requiring biometrics only on Time and Attendance locations. If you have our software and biometrics readers that support card + fingerprint we can assist you to convert them to card only over this period as an interim measure.
- If there is no budget for major changes it might be that the only real solution would be a cleaning station for use before and after using the biometric device. If this is the option that your business opts for, then please ensure that you use a disinfectant that is SANS 53727/53624/51276/51650 standards compliant. Ideco sells a disinfectant that meets these standards.
Contact us today if you have any questions or comments about any of these solutions or perhaps you have some more to add?
Latest Articles by Saflec Systems
News and updates from the leaders in Access Security Control